The Whyte G170 S V2 27.5 Mountain Bike 2020 scored a perfect 10/10 with MBR back in 2019. Returning for 2020, the entry-level enduro bike from Whyte features a shorter 37mm offset and a 180mm travel fork to make for an even more capable bike that’s ready to take on anything you can throw at it.
With lengthened chainstays, the G-170 S creates a more neutral riding position that feels planted, whilst being aggressive through the corners. Equipped with 170mm of rear travel from the QUAD 4 Suspension and metric shock, the G-170 is the most capable bike Whyte have ever produced. Additional quality-of-life features include a sealed InterGrip seatpost, huge mud clearance & a new Enduro bearing design that improves upon reliability. As with all Whyte Full Suspension Mountain Bikes, the Whyte G-170 is covered with a lifetime bearing guarantee.
Whyte G170 S V2 27.5 Mountain Bike 2020 Features
- SCR is Whyte’s Single Chain Ring specific dual suspension frame
- The beefed up rear triangle is optimized for its SCR (single chain ring) along with SRAM Eagle 1×12 transmission
- Its SCS Symmetrical Chain Stays and its wider main pivot create an even stronger and more reliably flex-resistant rig
- SCR translates to you, the rider, as improved cornering confidence and enhanced suspension performance
- The SCR frame also supports the rear wheel better and boosts its lateral stiffness
- SRAM Guide GE 4-pot 200mm rotor brake calipers are DH-race proven
- Guide brakes offer reach-adjustable one-finger control and feature a stainless steel Heat Shield between the pad and caliper body to help ensure consistent stopping power
- With its smooth-operating bar-mounted Paddle Remote, Whyte’s Drop.it II seatpost makes it super easy to adjust the saddle on the move from high enough for efficient climbing to low enough for epic downhilling